Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Wellbeing Project Coordinator
- 12 Month Fixed term (32 hours per week) preferably based in South Westland
- Previous experience in community-based projects & excellent connections across the West Coast community ideal.
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Work in partnership with our community to scope, support and deliver activities aimed at cultivating community resilience
- Participate in planning & facilitating projects that build social connectedness, a sense of belonging and positive identity
- Plan delivery of mental health first aid training for businesses and business advisory services
Our work is all about relationships and building connections; you’ll work primarily with South Westland businesses and communities who have been particularly affected by the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on tourism. You’ll be building relationships in these communities and supporting them to rebuild social connectedness, resilience and positivity about future opportunities.
This is an excellent role for someone from South Westland with established links and networks as well as a passion for its future. A background in community development, events management or activities coordination would be ideal but not essential. More important are your advocacy and communication skills alongside strong desire to see South Westland businesses and their families succeed.
Ours is a great team with a broad focus. We are committed to helping you grow identify existing leaders within the community with whom you will work to build ongoing opportunities for communities to connect, develop and thrive.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- A strong commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and working bi-culturally
- Empathy for the unique communities within South Westland
- A willingness and ability to co-create opportunities with existing community leaders
- An awareness of the health and political environment that businesses operate in, and the ability to identify opportunities within this environment.
- Competent computer skills & high levels of organisational skills
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in public health with a continued focus on your career development
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around people in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in public health care. We offer competitive benefits and flexible working arrangements to candidates who will join us in this.
If this role does not match your skills please visit our careers website for more opportunities within our organisation.
Please apply online now or for further information contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org