Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
South Island IS SLA Independent Chair
The South Island District Health Boards are working together in a Best for People, Best for System Alliance framework. We are offering an exciting opportunity to be involved in this collaborative approach and to join our passionate and supportive South Island Alliance Programme Office Team.
The role of the South Island Alliance Information Services chair is an exciting opportunity to provide effective leadership in the delivery and on-going development of the IS SLA Digital and Technology Strategy which is the key enabler for the South Island whole of health system, supporting care at the right place, at the right time, with the right information through the use of technology.
The opportunity is to provide executive leadership, guidance and promote collaboration across the South Island DHBs in the delivery of Regional and National strategies including the alignment DHB annual plans to these initiatives.
The role is busy and varied with no two days the same.
What we are looking for:
You will be a person who has a strong passion for working in health with a strong focus on outcomes that support improvements in the way care is delivered to the South Island population. You will have senior / executive management experience preferably in the health sector although not essential.
- Ensure effective leadership of the SLA strategy and corresponding work plan
- Promote collaboration on and consensus in strategic decision making between members of the SLA
- Support DHBs ensuring alignment between DHB annual plans and Regional and National strategies
- Undertake the vital role of joint leading (with Portfolio Manager/Portfolio Director ) regular SLA/Workstream meetings by:
- Working with the Portfolio Manager to develop the agenda for meetings providing for the required and appropriate discussion and debate to reach a decision
- Working with the Portfolio Manager to support and maintain the attendance and engagement of group members
- Managing the meeting process to ensure compliance with the Terms of Reference
- Managing participant input into discussions to ensure that all voices are heard
- Review and confirm meeting minutes prior to publication
- Represent the interests of the IS SLA
- Communicate regularly with the lead CE for the group to:
- Provide appropriate updates
- Advocate for the interests of the group with the SI executives
- Support escalation of issues arising
- Seek additional executive level support where this may be required
- Make a connection to the Alliance Board and Alliance Leadership Team (South Island DHB CEs), where this may be required
- Promote effective subgroup activity when required
- Formal communications:
- Lead an effective communication plan, including jointly preparing press release or journal articles with the Portfolio Manager/Portfolio Director and communications team
- Represent the IS SLA at key meetings and workshops where requested
We have a collective team approach and are open and willing to share knowledge and expertise. The IS SLA Chair role offers a unique opportunity where you will engage with an organisation where your contribution is appreciated and recognised along with having a direct impact on the delivery of care for citizens of the South Island and New Zealand.
Enquiries should be directed to Bruce Pendrey, Recruitment Specialist, phone (03) 337 7958, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are only accepted online, so please click here to complete an application and download a full, detailed position description.
Permanent/Part Time, Locum
Job no: WC236661
Location: Christchurch, South Island Region, South Island
Closing Date: Closes 6/8/2019 - Apply Now!