Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Rural Nurse Specialist | West Coast
- Locations: Karamea, Ngakawau, and South Westland
- Registered Nurse with current APC, ideally with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an RN role
- Ideally PRIME trained, or prepared to achieve PRIME competency, as this is a prerequisite to deliver care safely in our rural communities
- Passion for community nursing, flexibility and a desire to up-skill and extend your practice
- Full time, Part time and casual roles available
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
This role is full of variety and no day will be the same, you will be available to assist with any nursing needs across the community such as
- District & Public Health Nursing
- Practice, Emergency & Acute nursing
- Community Mental health including both adult and youth.
This is an excellent role for any skilled nurse that is looking to grow in their skills and knowledge while making a real difference to a community. You will be working within a diverse community with a range of ethnicities and background. We are ideally looking for someone with a background in practice, district or acute nursing as you will be required to be working at the top of your scope across these areas as an RNS in our team.
We are seeking RNS’s who are looking for either full time, part time or causal work with the exact hours and location to be discussed. You have the opportunity to be based along the West Coast which is 70 kilometres wide and 800 kilometres long with a population of 32,000 people. We currently have positions available in Karamea, Ngakawau, and South Westland; please specify your preference in your cover letter.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Ability to work self-directed but be able to access networks for assistance when needed.
- Interest in working at the top your RN scope of practice & ability to work at this advanced level
- Passion for variety and the challenge that comes with this
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
If this role does not match your skills please visit our careers website for more opportunities within our organisation.
Please apply online or to discuss further becoming part of our team, please contact email@example.com
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!