Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Registered Midwives & New Graduate Midwives
- Full-time & Part time positions available for experienced and new graduate Midwives.
- Registered with the Midwifery Council of New Zealand with a current APC.
- Should have excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills.
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Provide mothers and their babies with antenatal, birthing, and postnatal care
- Support and promote breastfeeding within a BFHI-accredited maternity ward
- Provide quality maternity care and contribute positively to our team environment
As a midwife with our team, you’ll be working with a community that feels like family. You’ll be supported to upskill and develop professionally in your role with free training opportunities.
These are excellent roles for midwives looking for a new challenge or a change of pace as you will be able to provide an excellent level of maternity care and build relationships with our woman and their families due to the nature of our service on the West Coast.
We have a strong relationship with our community-based LMC midwives and work together as a wider team to support our community and ensure continuity of care.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Strong commitment to the protection, promotion and support of breastfeeding.
- Good communicator, with the ability to make informed decisions that focus on providing quality maternity care for the women within our services.
- Demonstrate the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals.
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused.
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development.
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
Please apply online via our careers website or to for further questions, please contact: Simon Liddy
Phone: 03 337 7890
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!