Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Permanent Roles available and are flexible to candidates that are looking between 0.5 & 1.0 FTE (20hrs per week & 40hrs per week) and are based at Grey Base Hospital.
- Registered Midwife with a current NZ Practicing Certificate who has a good clinical skill base and experience preferably in a rural setting.
- Ability to think on your feet & excellent communication skills
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Providing mothers and their babies with antenatal, birthing and postnatal care.
- Support & promotion of breastfeeding within a BFHI accredited Maternity Ward.
- Provide quality maternity care and contribute positively to our team environment.
As a midwife within our team you will be working within a community that feels like family, you will be supported to upskill and develop in your role with further free training opportunities for staff.
This is an excellent
role for midwifes who are looking for a new challenge or a change of pace as
you will be able to provide a excellent level of maternity care and build
relationships with our woman and their family due to the nature of our service.
We have a strong relationship with our community based LMC midwifes and work together as a wider team to support our community and ensure a continuity of care.
For these roles we are able to provide free temporary accommodation when you start with us as well as a relocation allowance if you are moving to the region.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Ability to think on your feet and prioritise the most important tasks
- Ability to make informed decisions that focus on providing excellent maternity care for our women
- Passion to learn and grow in their practice.
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow into a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development
We are continuing to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around the patient in their community.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Permanent/Full Time, Permanent/Part Time
Job no: WC235717
Closing Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2019