Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Permanent Roles available and are flexible to candidates that are looking between 0.5 & 1.0 FTE (20hrs per week & 40hrs per week) and are based at Grey Base Hospital.
- Registered Midwife with a current NZ Practicing Certificate who has a good clinical skill base and experience preferably in a rural setting.
- Ability to think on your feel & excellent communication skills
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Providing mothers and their babies with antenatal, birthing and postnatal care
- Support & promotion of breastfeeding across our community.
- Provide quality maternity care and contribute positively to our team environment.
As a midwife within our team you will be working within a community that feels like family, you will be supported to upskill and develop in your role. This is an excellent role for midwifes who are looking for a new challenge or a change of pace. As well with our Trans-Alpine agreement the West Coast maternity system works closely with CDHB and for midwives who are interested we can accommodate time at Christchurch Women’s Hospital once you have settled into your role on the Coast.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Ability to think on your feet and prioritise the most important tasks
- Ability to make informed decisions that focus on providing quality maternity care for our patients
- Passion to learn and grow in their of practice.
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow into a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development
We are continuing to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around the patient in their community.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
If this role is of interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that might better suit your expertise.
Apply online, or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Job no: WC235717
Closing Date: Monday, 29 April 2019