Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Public Health Nurse
- Full time Permanent role based in Hokitika Health Center and you will be involved across the Southern Region
- Registered Nurse with a current APC & Full drivers licence
- Skilled Registered Nurse who is forward thinking and has a passion for continuous improvement
- A Well Child Certificate is highly desirable but not required for the role
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Working with the wider Public Health team to ensure standards & requirements are met in the Southern Region
- Teaching and educating both patients and community on public health matters
- Building and developing key relationships with community stakeholders such as schools & community organisations.
This independent role is ideal for a skilled RN who is wanting to make a real difference to the community they work within. You will be driving for continuous improvement and the development of new & improved processes to ensure that patients are always at the center and are getting the best care possible. Of course you will supported by the management of the Southern region throughout this process. There will also be occasional travel to locations across South Westland.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Be able to be very autonomous and self-directed.
- Good knowledge of the population groups and the population of the West Coast.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of child and family health as well as vulnerable children
- Have a passion for working with children and adolescents.
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
If this role does not match your skills please visit our careers website for more opportunities within our organisation.
Apply online, or contact us on email@example.com
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Job no: PC0957729
Closing Date: Sunday, 16 August 2020