Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Occupational Therapist - Experienced or New Graduate
- Full time Permanent rotational role (40hrs per week/1.0FTE) based in Greymouth
- We are looking for a passionate newly qualified or experienced Occupational Therapist.
- Effective written and verbal communication, strong cultural awareness & great flexibility required.
- Registration as an Occupational Therapist and Annual Practicing certificate essential.
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Work in both acute settings as well as rehabilitation environments.
- You will be given clinical supervision, mentoring and professional support from our highly skilled staff
- Working within the diverse team across the DHB
As a New Grad Occupational Therapist, you’ll have the opportunity to gain experience working across a wide range of specialties and advance your practical skills. These clinical opportunities will develop your assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and discharge planning skills to a very high level. We're also happy to consider an experienced Occupational Therapist.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- The ability to work effectively under pressure
- An ability to be an effective team member, recognising the importance of team work
- A willingness to practice autonomously, yet seek support when needed
- As we work as rural generalists, an interest in working with people across the lifespan including older persons and Paediatrics would be an advantage.
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
You will be required to indicate two references as part of your application. One of these references must be a Clinical Coordinator from your studies.
If this role does not match your skills please visit our careers website for more opportunities within our organisation.
Apply online, or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!