Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Nurse Manager Workforce Developlment
- Full-time, permanent role (40hrs per week) based in Greymouth
- Registered Nurse with current Annual Practising Certificate and postgraduate qualifications
- Minimum three years’ experience in a senior nursing role
- Excellent leadership and management opportunity for someone with the experience and passion to make a positive difference to rural health and wellbeing
- Make an impact by supporting the pipeline and development of the rural health workforce
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Work collaboratively with our communities and other key relationships throughout the region, South Island, and New Zealand to lead implementation of various rural workforce strategies and programmes to enable a satisfied, sustainable workforce capable of evidence-based, rural generalism
- Lead the delivery and coordination of a number of local, regional, and national nursing workforce development programmes across the West Coast
- Support and deputise for the West Coast DHB Director of Nursing
- Provide contemporary, compassionate management to lead the successful integration of our Education Cluster in order to enhance our ability to flexibly respond to rural development needs across professions and teams. This includes providing high-level coordination for all workforce activities occurring within the West Coast DHB.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Professionally credible, respected, and person-centred with a real passion for high quality rural health
- Demonstrated cultural competence and safety, as well as a strong commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) to enable equitable health for tangata whenua Māori
- High emotional intelligence with extremely well developed interpersonal and interprofessional skills
- Proven leadership skills and a commitment to the continued development of self and others
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where you will see your work making a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development, and will work with you to individualise a professional development package that is tailored to your career aspirations and development needs.
We continue to break new ground; innovating to shape our health system to keep our communities well. Our vision is for an integrated West Coast health system that is clinically sustainable and fiscally viable; a health system that wraps care around a person and helps them to stay well in their community.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our values and goals, and being dedicated to our communities and our team. Together, we are a centre of excellence in rural health.
Please apply online via our careers website or to for further questions, please contact: Simon Liddy
Phone: 03 337 7890
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time
Job no: WC9237302
Closing Date: Sunday, 5 January 2020