Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Nurse Co-ordinator – Immunisation
- Permanent, part-time (0.8 role)
- Knowledge of vaccine preventable diseases with excellent clinical skills
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi, ēngari taku toa he toa takatini.
My strength is not the strength of one; it is the strength of many
We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to provide advanced co-ordination and nursing expertise to increase immunisation coverage and reduce the impact from vaccine preventable diseases on the West Coast by:
- Promoting safe immunisation as a primary strategy for the prevention of communicable diseases
- Working alongside key stakeholder located throughout the region to enable excellence in rural health immunisations outcomes
- Prioritising equitable access to vaccines
- Supporting achievement of nation immunisation standards
- Supporting and maintaining of an up to date vaccinator workforce across the region
- Ensuring nursing practice is safe, legal, effective and responsive to patient needs
- Understanding and practising the principles of quality management and continuous improvement
To be successful in this role it is essential you have the following:
- Nursing Council New Zealand Registered General with current Practising Certificate
- Authorised Vaccinator (Adult & Child)
- Holds a relevant postgraduate qualification
- Minimum of 5 years post-registration experience, in speciality area
- Commitment to staff development, research based practice and on-going relevant professional development
- Excellent interpersonal skills including communication, negotiation and conflict resolution across all disciplines and occupational groups
Nāku te rourou nāu te rourou ka ora ai te iwi
With your basket and my basket, the people will live
What we are about
The West Coast is a unique environment and like no other in New Zealand where we have multiple close-knit communities in which your work can make a real difference.
We will help you grow in rural health with a continued focus on your career development
As a DHB, we continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to all West Coast communities and our team, as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to the successful candidate.
If this role does not match your skills, please visit our careers website for more opportunities within our organisation.
Please apply online or to discuss further becoming part of our team, please contact: Tracey Sutherland | Recruitment Partner.
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!