Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Full time Permanent Medical Laboratory Scientist based at Grey Base Hospital
- Hold a current registration or are eligible for registration with the New Zealand Medical Science Council (NZMSC) as a Medical Laboratory Scientist.
- High levels of confidentiality & attention to detail are key to be successful in this role.
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Performing analyses and other associated laboratory tasks with a focus on Microbiology
- Other generalist tasks around the laboratory.
WCDHB Laboratory is looking for a Medical Laboratory Scientist
with an interest and experience in Microbiology to join their team in Greymouth
on a full time basis. We are a small but busy core laboratory where your
generalist skills will be valued. We’re a close knit friendly team of
Scientists and Technicians with a strong quality focus. We’re looking for you
to bring a ‘can do’ attitude to ensure efficient and smooth running laboratory
The laboratory operates between the hours of 0700 and 1800 Monday to Friday and outside of these hours you will participate in an on-call roster including weekends.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Ability to work independently but a part of a team as well.
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development.
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
If this role does not match your skills please visit our careers website for more opportunities within our organisation.
Apply online, or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!