Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Māori Health Portfolio Manager
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
- 1 year fixed term role with our hauora Mäori team based in Greymouth
- Ideally a background in Health & Disability Systems and a strong understanding of health inequalities
- Confidence to advocate for Māori health equity in a number of forums and the ability to build strong relationships.
- Writing and communication skills are essential
What you’ll do with your time
- Facilitate an equity focus across strategic priorities such as child wellbeing, mental wellbeing, health of the older person and primary health care
- Continue to build an understanding of equity across the health sector
- Work with a multitude of sector partners to address the wider social determinants
- Deliver equity accountability and reporting across the sector
This is a rare and exciting role with our Hauora Māori team on the West Coast who work collaboratively with DHB leadership to ensure equity is at the heart of the way our health and disability system operates. In this role you will be working within a number of portfolios which can be built around your skills and interests, some examples of these could be Workforce Development, Cultural competency Kaumatua Health of Older People, Tamariki me Rangatahi health, Maternity etc. In this role you will be involved first hand in work both at a local & regional level that aims to achieve a measurable shift in health equity.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Ability to speak up and confidently advocate for Māori Health Equity at all system levels
- Strong commitment to the West Coast and links or knowledge of Poutini Ngai Tahu and Mäori communities
- An ability to analyse data and develop reports and presentations
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in Maori and Rural health with a continued focus on your career development
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
Please apply online via our careers website or to for further questions, please contact: Simon Liddy
Phone: 03 337 7890
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time
Job no: PC0581997
Closing Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2019