Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
LMC Midwife Buller Region
- Our Midwives in Buller are looking for another midwife to join their team
- This is an excellent role for any midwife who would like to work as a LMC in a friendly rural community
role could be part time job so if you are looking for a real work/life
balance then this could be for you
- We are also looking for locum midwives so are really interested in speaking with you if this appeals to you
This role will be working mainly from Westport at the Buller Birthing Practice. The clinic space is free to use and the caseload is 2-5 women per month. Some births are in Westport, some at home, some in Greymouth and of course a very small number have to go to Christchurch which is our tertiary referral centre.
Working here you’ll be eligible to access some great benefits:
- We know birthing numbers are small so a sustainability package per woman is provided.
- All women qualify for remote rural mileage.
- Free education sessions with fellow midwives from all over the Coast.
- Eligible for support via the NZ College of Midwives Rural Midwifery Recruitment and Retention Service (RMRRS) including 9 days Locum cover per year.
- The chance to be part of the new purpose built health facility which will include primary birthing.
Join us to help shape a modern and woman centred space for the future.
The Buller Region has lots to offer:
- Beautiful walks, tramping huts, surfing, kayaking and bike trails.
- Pulse Energy Recreation Centre for sports, gyms and indoor pools.
- NBS theatre and a range of restaurants
- Westport has the lowest living costs in the country
- Daily flights to Wellington with Sounds Air from Westport.
- Easy drives to Nelson, Christchurch and Franz Josef.
You’ll need to be registered with the NZ Midwifery Council and a current practicing certificate with no conditions. You will need to be interested, experienced and supportive of community birthing. We pride ourselves on providing quality care, having excellent communication skills and building good work relationships with our colleagues in the health centre as well as our amazing community.
To apply please call either:
Fixed Term/Contract/Full Time, Fixed Term/Contract/Part Time, Locum
Job no: WC236268
Location: Buller and Northern Areas
Closing Date: Sunday, 12 April 2020