Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Health Care Assistant
- Casual Role mainly within our Dementia Unit at Grey Base Hospital but you may be asked to work across other areas of the hospital
- Excellent communication skills & previous experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential.
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Basic patient cares
- Assisting the nursing team with a variety of tasks
- Ensuring that our patents have the best experience possible
This role will predominantly based within our Dementia unit but you will be called on to assist the wider nursing teams at times as well. In this role you will be under the direction and delegation of a Registered Nurse and be working closely with the nursing teams. This role is excellent for someone who is looking to develop their skills and grow their career in health care.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Kind and caring nature
- High levels of confidentiality & organisational skills
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with people from all walks of life
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Job no: PC0588366
Closing Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2019