Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Community Mental Health Professional | Greymouth
- Permanent, full time, part time and casual roles based in Greymouth.
- NZ Registered Health professional with a Mental Health Scope of Practice & current Annual Practicing Certificate.
- Experience within specialist mental health
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Undertakes all components of case management, including: comprehensive assessment, risk assessment and management, recovery, and treatment planning
- Work as apart of the team in the local crisis response service roster.
- Provides client-centred care, utilising evidence-based treatment strategies including, where appropriate, talking therapies
We are looking for a Registered Health professional with either a Nursing or Allied Health background, who has the clinical skills required to assist people with current or ongoing mental health problems and to maintain their place in the community. This role will be working within the community and within our integrated model of care.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Excellent assessment and communication skills
- Flexibility to work autonomously as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Understanding and application of the principles of the treaty of Waitangi, with a culturally safe and appropriate approach to practice
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- A strong understanding of Māori health inequity and Māori population need
- Understanding of contemporary approaches to mental health and wellbeing
We have a variety of roles that can accommodate a range of experience in the field of mental health.
What we are about
We are unique and like no other area in New Zealand, with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development.
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.