Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Community Mental Health Nurse
- A variety of roles available with Full, Part time and Casual hours.
- Registered Nurse with a minimum 3 years experience within a Mental Health environment.
- A current driver’s licence is a requirement for this role
- Expert interpersonal skills, high levels of flexibility & excellent communicator
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Providing crisis in hours, assertive follow up and case management
- Opportunity to be involved in afterhours crisis response
- High level of flexibility across adult Mental Health services in our Southern, Central & Northern locality teams.
- Working interprofessionally across the Mental Health Service
- Enhance your practice skills by incorporating acute and crisis response as one of your core roles
In this role you will have the opportunity to be involved in building and shaping our new service model for our locality-based crisis and community teams. This is an exciting role for a skilled nurse where you will be able to affect real change in a service and share your expertise for the best outcomes for our patients. You will ideally have a background in community Mental Health Nursing and either be working toward or completed your DAO training.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- High standards of personal and professional practice
- Strong cultural competency skill set
- High levels of emotional intelligence.
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development.
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
Please apply online via our careers website or to for further questions, please contact: Simon Liddy
Phone: 03 337 7890
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Permanent/Full Time, Permanent/Part Time, Casual
Job no: PC0628732
Closing Date: Sunday, 15 December 2019