Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Permanent Full time role with our Older Persons Health team based in Greymouth but with responsibility across the West Coast.
- 3-5 year’s experience in Gerontology with clinical expertise in this space is ideal
- Excellent relationship building & time management skills
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Dealing with a case load of clients across the West Coast
- Assisting and caring for clients along with their families/ whānau
- Building key relationships with other interdisciplinary services
We are seeking a passionate Clinical Nurse Specialist – Gerontology to work full-time within the Greymouth Complex Clinical Care Network, Older Person's Health team. We are striving to create a more effective and efficient service for client with complex needs. This is an important role which will ensure that clients over the age of 50 years presenting with complex clinical needs are receiving appropriate and timely assessment, treatment and follow up. It aims to keep people safe in their own homes for longer, reducing admissions to secondary services and Aged Residential Care. You will be working within an interdisciplinary team and alongside clients and their families in both the community and home environments. By taking this opportunity you will a part of a forward thinking service that is making a true difference to the lives of older people on the West Coast.
We are looking for someone with the following traits.
- Excellent communication & computer skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple responsibilities at once.
- Strong relationship building skills to work collaboratively across our interdisciplinary team
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development.
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to person centred, restorative model of care which wraps services around clients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
Please apply online via our careers website or to for further questions, please contact: Simon Liddy
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!