Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Full time permanent role based at Grey Base Hospital in our Central Booking Unit (CBU)
- Previous experience in customer service roles is an advantage (but not essential as full training will be given)
- Excellent communication & organisational skills
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Answering incoming calls ,clearing messages, greeting patients/visitors and responding to generic emails coming into the unit.
- Provide general administrative support.
- Support the wider Central Booking Unit & Medical Teams
This role is working as a Booking Administrator within the Central Booking Unit team who oversee the booking of appointments and services for our patients.
You will be liaising with our patients and their families as well as the wider medical service. This is an integral role within our hospital to ensure that our patients are receiving care in a timely manner. In this role you will be speaking to a wide range of people from all walks of life, so high levels of communication skills are key in this role.
This position also has the opportunity for an internal promotion within the Central Booking Unit.
We are looking for someone with the following traits.
- High level of accuracy, privacy and confidentiality
- Strong computer literacy and data entry skills
- Able to work unsupervised and have a patient focused approach to your work
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Job no: PC056325
Closing Date: Thursday, 31 October 2019