Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Permanent full-time role
- Relocation package available! Travel costs – economy airfares for employee, partner and children and Transport of household effects up to $6,000.
- Must be registered with the Medical Sciences Council of New Zealand
- Strong communication skills and client focused approach
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Provide skilled, clinical and technical assistance to the Anaesthetist.
- The Anaesthetic Technician will participate 24 hour/365 day per year on call coverage on a rostered basis including weekends and public holidays, extra to the 40hr working week.
- Work with relevant teams to provide the care and management of patients within the WCDHB.
The role will work as part of the theatre team in providing maximum quality care to patients undergoing anaesthesia and anaesthetic procedures (nerve Block, local anaesthetic, invasive lines)
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Must have current Medical Sciences Council Practicing Certificate.
- Ability to ‘Work together’ in a truthful and helpful manner.
- Ability to ‘work smarter’ by being innovative and proactive.
- Accepts responsibility for actions.
- Ability to provide inspirational and motivational leadership.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Professional attitude.
- Be prepared to be accountable for their practice.
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
The Future of the Health Industry
Therole that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a personwho has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition ofthis application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person workingin the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a largenumber of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, thereis the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to bevaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others againstthe potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in thecourse of your employment.