Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Allied Health Team Manager - Integrated Health Services
- Full time permanent role based with our team in Hokitika with the ability for part time for the right candidate. This is a split role with one half Team Manager & one half Clinical practice.
- Registered Allied Health Professional - business or leadership training would be beneficial but not essential.
- Leadership skills, commitment to local community relationships & further personal development.
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
We are looking for Allied Health Leaders & aspiring leaders who are wanting to take their next steps in furthering their career. You will be working in a supportive interdisciplinary team where you will able grow and develop both your leadership & strategic operational skills. If you are looking for you next challenge then these are the roles for you.
What you’ll do with your time
- Leading a team of 10 Allied Health professionals such as Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Diversional Therapists, Travel Co-ordinators & Allied Health Assistants
- Integral member of the Southern Area Leadership team
- Building relationships across the health system and Southern Region Community
- Supporting the development and delivery of quality Allied Health services across the West Coast
This role will be leading our allied health services across the Southern West Coast Region. A key part of this role is ensuring the strong relationships that already exist between the DHB & Community Organisations continue that way and building new relationships as opportunities emerge. You will be working alongside a diverse group of professionals delivering patient-centred support to people of all ages built on personal outcomes. Providing preventative interventions in such areas as supported self-management, diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitation and enablement services, you will be able to support people to live healthy, active and independent lives.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Excellent relationship building & Communication skills
- Ability to lead and support people through changes
- Quality or Clinical governance would be desirable.
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
Please apply online via our careers website or to for further questions, please contact: Simon Liddy
Phone: 03 337 7890
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
Permanent/Full Time, Permanent/Part Time
Job no: WC237246
Closing Date: Sunday, 8 December 2019