Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Acute Zone Registered Nurses
- Part-time and full time positions available within our team at Te Nikau Hospital and Integrated Family Health Centre in Greymouth
- Qualified registered nurse with current Annual Practicing Certificate and a background based in emergency departments with an interest in paediatrics. TNCC, ENPC and Triage experience would be advantageous.
- Ability to work well under pressure, excellent team player with outstanding interpersonal skills.
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you’ll do with your time
- Assessment and stabilisation of acutely unwell patients both adult and paediatric
- Completing emergency procedures with the support of our wider team
- Working in our new facility where
you can be seen to flex across the Acute Zone (emergency department, acute
assessment unit, and paediatrics ward).
This is an excellent role for an RN who is looking to step into or expand their skills within an acute and emergency environment. This role will be working alongside our multidisciplinary team within our Acute Zone. Further to this you may be called on to assist across the wider hospital. The Acute Zone service has 9 emergency beds, 4 short stay beds and 2 paediatric beds and sees an average of 40 presentations per day.
We are looking for someone with the following traits
- Motivated and adaptable within high pressure environments who can work comfortably with both paediatric and adult patients
- Ability to work within a team but autonomously as well to meet demands on the service
- Experience within a similar environment (e.g ED, Paediatrics, CCU or similar)
- Critical thinker who enjoys a challenging environment where never two days the same.
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development.
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn’t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, a range of support for both short courses and post-grad study and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
Apply online, or contact us on email@example.com
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!